Winter offers dedicated to families
Qualified as a “family” resort, La Rosière offers a range of activities and offers dedicated to “families”.
The national label Famille Plus attests to this. These offers will allow you to understand our destination and, we hope, help you in the organization of your stay. So young and old will be able to fully enjoy their stay in the mountains, winter and summer.
1 / BOOK YOUR ACCOMMODATION
La Rosière Reservation, the reservation center of the Tourist Office, has a very large number of accommodation of all types. It thus facilitates the search for a suitable offer. You can use it to create an “à la carte” stay, by adding services for your stay, or take advantage of a packaged offer.
This is the case with the “FAMIGLIA STAY” offer: an ideal spring break offer for families with children under 13 years old.
Each year, the approach of spring and the sunny days is the ideal time for families with children under 13 years old.
Indeed, thanks to this packaged stay, the services for the children are offered to you according to the following modalities:
1 adult ski pack purchased = 1 identical child ski pack free
Services concerned by this free:
- Ski pass: 1 adult 6-day pass purchased = 1 free 6-day child pass
- Ski equipment: 1 adult pack rented = 1 child pack offered
- Group ski lessons 6 days with the ESF: 1 child or adult service purchased = 1 identical child service free
- Entrance to the ice rink: 1 adult entry purchased = 1 free child entry
- Ticket to the cinema: 1 adult ticket purchased = 1 free child ticket
This stay is only available from La Rosière Reservation for any reservation of an apartment through it. You can consult this offer by clicking on this link or inquire directly by telephone on +33 479 068 392.
2 / SKI LIFT PASSES
Of course in this period skiing is king. The FAMILY PASS is therefore the family package that will be best suited to you. Its price is applied from 4 people (2 adults + 2 children up to 17 years old).
The family gets along in a direct line: parents or grandparents + children (max. 6 children). Packages must be issued during the same transaction and for the same validity dates.
Proof will be requested at the cash desk and may be required during checks at the access points to the ski lifts.
Please note: From the 3rd child (up to 17 years old), the applicable rate is that of the child rate.
Good to know:
- The ski pass is free for children under 5 years old.
- 2 free ski lifts are available: Tapis des Lutins and Manessier ski lift
3 / LEARNING TO SKI
2 ski schools await you in La Rosière: The French Ski School ESF and the Evolution 2 ski and adventure school. These professionals offer a variety of lessons and experiences that will delight your children.
Good to know :
- For children beginning to ski, you will not need to buy them a ski pass.
- For parents who would like to introduce their toddlers to the first sensations of skiing without going through a school, 2 free ski lifts are available: Tapis des Lutins and Ski lift Manessier
4 / DAYCARE: CLUB-LOISIRS DES GALOPINS
It is managed by the The French Ski School ESF, an undeniable asset when you want your children to be looked after in the best possible way. It welcomes children from 18 months to 12 years old on the 2 poles of the resort center and Les Eucherts.
The Baby Club is dedicated to children from 18 months to 3 years old and the Leisure Club for 3 to 12 years old.
Children registered for ski lessons are taken directly by the ESF to the place of the lesson, then brought back to the Club des Galopins. The midday meal can be included in the formula… in short, everything is done so that you can find the formula adapted to your expectations.
IMPORTANT : it is necessary to reserve daycare places before your stay, even outside school holidays, because places are limited
5 / To look after baby
Fabienne Ostorero, certified childcare assistant, looks after your children at your home during your holidays! Respect for the child’s pace, games, outings. Experience with toddlers from 3 months!
Contact: +33 (0) 6 68 30 98 22 – email@example.com
6 / ACTIVITIES FOR CHILDREN AND / OR THE FAMILY
Because skiing isn’t all about your vacation, we suggest you learn about the activities that can enhance your family stay. This will allow you to plan the activities of your choice before your arrival and have even more peace of mind.
FUN AREAS FOR SKIING: areas with modules specially designed to provide a dose of fun and challenge:
- Petit St Bernard trail: starts at the top of the Lièvre Blanc ski lift. Suitable for children from the 1st star
- Petit St Bernard Funcross: starts slightly below the arrival station of the Plan du Repos chairlift. Suitable for more seasoned skiers who can ski on a red slope
- Snowpark de la Poletta: for a practice of freestyle in complete safety
TOBOGGANING: La Rosière offers several solutions for practicing this discipline for free or for a fee.
- 2 FREE AND MARKED SPACES are available for the safety of children:
- Squirrels toboggan area located near the Galopins Leisure Club in the resort center. It is in the heart of the forest and offers a low slope suitable for the first sledging.
- Petit St Bernard toboggan area in Les Eucherts: this track offers more slope and we recommend it for children who are perfectly independent in this discipline.
- THE XTREME LUGE – Rail tobogganing (for a fee) is a strong attraction in winter with its 700-meter drop. Guaranteed sensations. The youngest may be accompanied by an adult. Learn more.
SNAKE GLISS: the snake sled offered by the ESF. An original way to slide all attached to each other and have a lot of fun. Learn more
PARET: This ancestral little sled made entirely of wood allowed schoolchildren to go to school or come back. She gave birth to the Yooner. To practice this activity, you must contact the EVOLUTION 2 ski and adventure school.
SNOWSHOE HIKES: A simple practice that allows you to get away from the crowds and go into the heart of the forest to recharge your batteries. The service providers to contact are ESF, Evolution 2 and Bureau Montagne La Rosière Tarentaise.
DOG SLEDDING: probably the most popular activity for children. Contact Evolution 2 ski and adventure school.
SKI TOURING: Learning sessions in this discipline are organized every Tuesday evening at the end of the day. From 12 years old. Learn more.
SNOWKITE: skiing pulled by a sail. The Col du Petit St Bernard area is proud to be one of the few places in France that allows this practice. You can hire the services of the San Bernardo Kite snowkite school or the Evolution 2 ski and adventure school.
BUBBLE FOOT: Evolution 2 invites you to discover this fun activity suitable for teenagers and adults.
PARAGLIDING: Take to the skies and discover the ski area from the air with Darentasia.
FONDUE UNDER AN IGLOO: Taste this most typical Savoyard dish in an unusual atmosphere. We can only invite you to try this experience as a family to build up wonderful memories. Learn more.
BOWLING: Located in Les Eucherts, it is even equipped for the youngest so that the ball does not fall into the gully. Even without that, good humor guaranteed. Learn more.
ICE RINK: Located in Les Eucherts, it is covered and offers various activities, from the discovery of skating for the youngest to the initiation of ice hockey. Learn more.
CINEMA: even when away from your home, you can make yourself a canvas and take the time to watch the films of your choice. Learn more.
GUIDED TOUR: to learn more about the history of La Rosière or visit a sheepfold and taste cheeses. Learn more.
SPA LA ROSIÈRE: the opportunity to try out a parent-child massage (from 16 years old) and create a great bond. In addition, the panoramic view of Spa La Rosière invites contemplation. Learn more.
LIBRARY: Books on loan as well as games and a reading area await you at the Eucherts Tourist Office, on the square. Learn more.
PASTRY CLASS WITH CAFFÈ LATTE: Emmanuelle welcomes your children in her tea room in the resort center for a pastry session and a final tasting. Learn more.
7 / GO OUT TO THE RESTAURANT
Several restaurants in the resort have the Famille Plus label and offer a children’s menu on their menu as well as little touches to keep them waiting.
8 / ADDITIONAL SERVICES TO MAKE YOUR HOLIDAY EASIER
Many services are available to simplify your vacation and especially to reduce the size of your luggage.
- Hire of bed linen and towels so as not to encumber luggage and when your apartment does not include this service. Providers: La Patte Blanche and the Comptoir de La Rosière
- Rental of childcare equipment. Providers: La Patte Blanche and the Comptoir de La Rosière
- Rental of ski clothing and accessories. Providers: Ski-Chic.com. Order online and delivery is made directly to La Rosière at the Précision Ski store in the resort center
- Stroller rental. Providers: sports shops and the Comptoir de La Rosière
- Toboggan rental. Providers: Sports shops
- Find a childcare article: Carrefour Montagne in the resort center, just in front of the Tourist Office.
- SKI LOCKERS: Make your holidays easier by booking your ski locker now, at the foot of the Roches Noires chairlift (La Rosière Center)! During your stay, take advantage of a locker at the foot of the slopes, with boot dryer for 4 pairs of skis or snowboards! On site, directly at the Maison du Ski terminals. From € 42 to € 70 per week. Pre-reservations: www.larosiere.ski
If you have booked an apartment with La Rosière Reservation, please note that you can add these services to your basket.
If you walk around the resort, be aware that free public toilets are available near the Tourist Offices and at the Maison du Ski on the center snow front. They are equipped with changing tables.
9 / CHILDREN’S SAFETY AND COMFORT
- Infants and young children are very sensitive and are not used to cold, avoid exposing them for too long.
- Choose a practice suited to their physical level and age.
- When skiing, it is important to take regular breaks.
- Children’s skin is sensitive, so remember to apply sunscreen and lipstick regularly.
- Put on sunglasses (suitable for the mountains: index 3-4 / CE).
- Even when the sky is overcast, it is important to protect yourself (hat, gloves, mask, sunglasses, sunscreen…).
- Consider giving them water to drink throughout the day.
- A good lunch before going skiing, and something to nibble in your pocket.
- Wearing a helmet is strongly recommended (Standard EN 1077).
SUMMER AT LA ROSIÈRE
Coming to the mountains in summer is above all to enjoy a privileged contact with nature and wide open spaces. Take to the skies, contemplate, breathe, recharge your batteries, play, have a picnic … so many simple things to rediscover when you are caught up in a hectic daily life. By coming to La Rosière, you also offer yourself the opportunity of exotic and memorable Italian getaways.
1 / CLUB-LOISIRS LES GALOPINS: SUMMER IS FREE!
La Rosière has made the strong choice to offer families with children free supervision by approved instructors. So you can give yourself a daily getaway with confidence since your child will be in good hands and will have the opportunity to make friends.
Les Galopins offer daily:
- Free supervised activities
- Supervised paid activities
Places remain limited so we advise you to contact Les Galopins to anticipate.
2 / STAY ACTIVE WITH MULTI-ACTIVITY CARDS
For some people, vacations are synonymous with activities, sporting or not. Les Rosière therefore offers them cards adapted to their desires:
- ACTIV’ÉTÉ cards: for solo activities, as a couple, with friends or with family. 1 Standard formula and 1 Premium formula for different budgets. These cards offer certain services with unlimited access. Learn more.
- PASS’KIDS and PASS’ADOS cards: offered by Les Galopins Leisure Club. To allow 12-17 year olds to do supervised activities and find each other by age affinity. Learn more.
3 / LEISURE AREA OF THE PLAN DE L’ARC
Easily accessible on foot, the Plan de l’Arc is a peaceful area far from the nuisance of homes and any motorized traffic. It offers equipment for a comfortable picnic (shaded tables, barbecues) as well as games for children.
You will appreciate the tranquility of its small body of water called Lac du Repos. Please note that swimming is prohibited or under the responsibility of parents. The more sporty will appreciate the urban park to play football, basketball or the skate park.
4 / ACTIVITIES FOR ALL TASTE
When curiosity brings holidaymakers to the mountains, they find there is a plethora of activities to do. The mountain is a huge open-air leisure park.
HIKING: supervised or not, from the easiest to the most difficult, La Rosière offers a wide range with a formidable panorama… and Mont Blanc as a backdrop. Route maps are available at the reception of our Tourist Offices.
Our advice to keep the hike a pleasure: start with easy steps because you are probably not used to altitude. Take protection against the cold and the sun. Hydrate yourself because altitude, again, tends to dehydrate organisms greatly. Put on correctly. Know how to give up.
For a unique experience and to discover the best hiking spots not appearing on official maps, we invite you to hire the services of professionals. Your day’s walking will be enriched with a thousand anecdotes drawn from the experience of our guides. See the offers of the Bureau Montagne La Rosière Tarentaise.
TRAIL: this activity obviously has the right of citizenship in La Rosière since the environment lends itself perfectly to it. For this, we have set up a permanent marked trail route with a length of 22km. You can consult the gpx track on this link. But, to discover this activity, whatever your age, you can book your stay during the Trail de La Rosière, one of the routes of which is specially concocted for a parent-child event of 5km.
CLIMBING – VIA FERRATA – VIA CORDATA: The Bureau Montagne La Rosière Tarentaise offers you quality supervision for the discovery of these activities on the best spots in the sector.
The XTREME LUGE track sled for thrills alone or with your child. Learn more.
MTB: enduro or downhill? You will have the choice according to the tastes of your children. Our stores are fully equipped and will provide you with sound advice. Mountain bikes with Electric Assistance are available for hire so that the whole family can enjoy them together. Learn more.
ROAD BIKE: A crossing point for the Route des Grandes Alpes, La Rosière is a crossroads to famous passes: Col de l’Iseran, Cormet de Roselend, Col du Petit St Bernard, Col San Carlo in Italy. Thanks to VAE, young and old can enjoy these routes together without having to suffer like a convict. See the routes.
GOLF: Our magnificent 9-hole golf course offers a breathtaking panorama and above all a driving range to take the first steps towards this discipline which is more fun than you might think. Learn more.
TENNIS: 2 tennis courts with Mont Pourri and the Haute Tarentaise valley as a backdrop. Our state-certified instructor, Rémy, will help you experience this discipline in new horizons. Learn more.
PARAGLIDING: As in winter, less the cold, you can explore the Haute Tarentaise valley from above with the DARENTASIA school. Learn more.
WHITE WATER: Several providers offer to discover the practice of whitewater disciplines. Rafting, Canyoning, Hydrospeed, Hot-dog or Canoe Raft and Stand-Up Paddle, you have the choice. Learn more.
RIDING: The mountains can also be discovered through the horse, and children love this, just as much as the bond they can have with equines. Several solutions are available to you which you can find on this page.
FISHING: A practice to discover to try to fish for the famous and succulent brown trout from mountain streams and lakes. Learn more.
ICE RINK: Like winter, the indoor rink offers free sessions, discovery, initiation, hockey and hockey games on Wednesday evenings. Learn more.
CINEMA: the outings as long as you would have missed in your place of life will probably be scheduled at the cinema le ruitor. Learn more.
BOWLING: a place to have fun with the family and so that the little ones can also learn to play. Learn more.
GUIDED TOURS: Sheepfold, goat farm, baroque … discover the local culture of mountain villages. Learn more.
LIBRARY: Borrowing a book or sharing a board game to enrich your days, it’s easy. Meet at the Eucherts Tourist Office. Learn more.
LA CHANOUSIA GARDEN: located at the Col du Petit St Bernard, it allows you to discover all the variety of floral species of the mountain gathered in the same space. Learn more.
5 / ITALIAN SIDE: AN ALMOST OBLIGATORY GETAWAY TO PUT EXOTISM INTO YOUR STAY
- LA THUILE CHOCOLATE CRAFTMAN: Master chocolatier selected to represent Italy at the last Universal Exhibition in Milan. Parents, consider tasting the homemade coffee: a true work of art that can be enjoyed as much with the eyes as with the taste buds. Be careful, the nocciola spread is tricky. Discover.
- RUITOR WATERFALL WALK: the bewitching spectacle of this succession of waterfalls, straight down from the Ruitor glacier, is to be experienced with the family because access is easy and very secure.
- ITALIAN ARTISANAL ICE CREAM to taste (in moderation ???). Ideal after the ride to the Ruitor waterfalls.
- ROMAN THERMAL BATHS OF PRÉ ST DIDIER: reservation required. A small haven of peace with a view of the Italian side of Mont Blanc. Learn more.
- THE PARCO AVVENTURA MONT BLANC in Pré St Didier with its zip line above 160m of vacuum. Learn more.
- THE COURMAYEUR SKYWAY: to reach the 3600m of Hellbroner or go further by crossing the Mer de Glace and joining the Aiguille du Midi. An ultra-modern cable car whose panoramic cabin turns on itself during the ascent and allows each occupant to see the 360 ° of the panorama without moving from their seat. Excellent restaurant in the middle. Discover.
- AOSTA AND ITS ROMAN RUINS, as well as the fortified citadels that dot the route. For a historic and gourmet getaway. Learn more.