Energy – News
The Ski Resorts and Ski Area have been implementing actions to offer an unforgettable experience to all of their holidaymakers and reduce their energy consumption at the same time. The Ski Resort of La Rosière and the ski lifts will open from the 10th of December 2022 to the 22nd of April 2023 as planned. Here are some of the measures implemented in La Rosière this 18th of October 2022.
What concrete measures will be implemented to reduce energy consumption?
- Speed reduction of ski lifts during low rush periods. For example, by reducing the speed by 1 meter per second, the time to reach the top of the Mont-Valaisan increase to 22 seconds and the consumption decrease to 15%.
- Closing of duplicated ski lifts (Bellecombe I, Lièvre Blanc) also during low rush period, without impacting the ski offer.
- Training 100% of the employees to the eco driving of the ski lifts and the snowcats.
- Limiting the use of both water and electricity resources thanks to a tool that measures the snow quantity in real time. This tool is set up on the whole track park (SNOWSAT), and helps to optimize the production of artificial snow.
- A reduction of 10% of the snowcat’s petrol consumption also thanks to this same tool SNOWSAT and reduction of the slope’s wideness during low rush periods.
- The production of artificial snow will stop if the natural snowfalls are enough to start the season
The Ski Resort of la Rosière and the Montvalezan Municipality are also planning to save some energy by reducing the decorative public lightening, while preserving the magical and unique atmosphere offered each year to holidaymakers. It is also interesting to highlight the fact that the Municipality of Montvalezan has been able to assure by itself 94% of its electricity consumption for public lightening in 2021 thanks to its photovoltaic power station.