Rules on the slopes
To ensure that everything goes smoothly during your ski trip, it is important that we all respect the rules of good conduct for skiers.
10 safety rules on the slopes:
- I am always in control of my speed.
- People ahead have the right of way.
- I must avoid stopping on the slope in narrow places or where visibility is restricted.
- I wear a helmet to avoid trauma.
- I keep enough distance when overtaking.
- At the top or at a crossing. I stay out of the way.
- When either climbing or descending on foot. I keep to the side of the slope.
- I stay informed on the weather and slopes conditions, and respect all signs and markings.
- In case of accident, I must alert the rescues and follow the instructions.
- If I am involved or witness an accident, I alert the rescues and provide my contact details.
These rules are important to protect yourself and others from any type of accident. Remember to respect these rules on the slopes so that your stay goes as smoothly as possible!
More regulations when skiing in Italy:
Contact the rescue service
La Rosière / Safety : +33 (0)4 79 40 12 02
La Thuile / Lift : +39 (0)165 884 150
Alert the rescue services and geolocate yourself easily via the ESPACE SAN BERNARDO mobile app. Press on “Resort” and then on “Assistance” to reach the rescue services and give directly the GPS coordinates that are displayed on the screen. The app allows you to have a precise location of your position.
Emergency assistance and rescue is not free, so please ensure you are covered by an appropriate winter sports insurance policy.