10 right reasons to come to La Rosière
La Rosière holds the key to a French-Italian ski area , boasting long and gentle, sunny runs on the French side and more challenging skiing on the north face of the mountain in the Aosta Valley. So why come to La Rosière ? We can find endless reasons…..
Discover below the top 10 reasons that will ensure you have a great winter holiday in this welcoming resort !
- Cross-border skiing on the only French-Italian ski area in the northern Alps, the Espace San Bernardo.
- Guaranteed snow cover from the beginning of December to the end of April. The ski area’s altitude ranges from 1,850 to 2,800m and straddles the Petit Saint-Bernard pass, which means that it benefits from early, high-altitude snowfall.
- It is the only resort in the Tarentaise Valley whose slopes are bathed in sunshine from dawn to dusk.
- Easy access: less than 5 hours from Paris on the high-speed TGV trains that run to and from Bourg-Saint-Maurice.
- Carefully-controlled architecture that preserves the traditional Alpine village atmosphere, with cosy wood and stone chalets topped with roofs made out of local slate or “lauze”.
- Discover two different cultures in one holiday, by popping across the border to sample the food in the Aosta Valley (Italy) and in Savoy (France).
- Learn how to ski or snowboard on La Rosière’s gentle slopes, which give an easy and fun introduction to snow sports.
- A wide variety of activities for you to enjoy with your family and friends!
- Eating out: located between Savoie in France and the Aosta Valley in Italy means that you are spoilt for choice if you love your food ! You can discover local Savoyard dishes such as raclette, fondue and tartiflette or Italian favourites such as pizza, pasta or fontina….. in resort or on the slopes !
- A multitude of events for you to enjoy you throughout the Winter season. This winter come and watch the Freeride Week and many other events planned to ensure that you won’t be bored during your stay.
FIND THE GOOD REASONS TO COME TO SEE US THIS SUMMER !
Are you looking for good reasons to come and see us this summer ? Below, we offer 10. The list is not exhaustive, it’s up to you to find the others!
- Feel free in the middle of the great outdoors offered by La Rosière
- Play Golf on one of the highest greens in Europe.
- Ride around the bike zone, which boasts breathtaking views of the Tarentaise Valley and Mont Blanc.
- Turn the mountain into your own outdoor gym. Trail running, mountain biking, hiking…there is so much to do in the great outdoors!
- Take part in the many events organised over the summer
- Admire the stunning sunsets.
- Head to the Plan de l’Arc, a unique leisure area for all ages, which is equipped with a NEW water plan and its spaces for sunbathing, a skatepark, playground, climbing rock, sports court and barbecues!
- FREE childcare at the Galopins Kids’ Club!
- Relax in the resort’s wellness areas and spas : Spa La Rosière, Spa ô des Cîmes, Spa des Balcons, Le Sky Spa, Spa Alpen Lodge, Alparena Spa. They offer a host of different treatments to help you to unwind.
- Savour the French and Italian gastronomy and explore the village