Updated on February 5th, 2021
You are thinking of joining us for a change of scenery and you are quite right! The mountain, with its wide open spaces and magnificent panoramas, is a natural refuge with this unique situation that we are passing through.
In order to spend your holidays with confidence and peace of mind, the accommodation providers, activities providers and the various shops of the resort welcome you in compliance with the directives given by the Government concerning Covid 19.
We are all very much looking forward to seeing you again, and we are working together, in a spirit of solidarity and responsibility, to ensure that everyone can enjoy La Rosière.
We imagine that you have some questions in relation with the situation, which is why you will find below the answers to your most common questions.
THE ACTIVITIES TO BE PRACTICED, EVEN WITHOUT SKI LIFTS
Here are the activities to be carried out on the ski area for the 4 weeks of school vacations in February (from Saturday, February 6 to Sunday, March 7, 2021):
- Ski touring: 2 groomed, marked out and secured courses with as a culminating point: the summit of Roches Noires. The routes are marked out in orange for the ascent and in blue for the descent.
Parcours du Roc (modified) : The start of the ascent is at the level of the Clarines ski lift then by the Tétras slope. The descent starts on the Tétras trail.
The Course to Serge : The departure is taken at the top of the carpet of the elves and the rise is carried out by the course to Serge. The descent is done by the Gélinotte trail.
- Cross-country skiing: 3 groomed, marked and secured skating loops are at your disposal (Plan de l’Arc, Bosse Brulée, Teppe des Abeilles).
- Pedestrian and snowshoe trails: 3 groomed, marked and secured trails on the ski area, namely the military trail 1, 2 and 3. The departure of the military path is from Les Eucherts and takes you to the summit of Roches Noires. The chemin d’Italie starts from La Rosière center and goes to the top of the Ecudets chairlift. The path at the end of the road starts from Plan de l’Arc and goes to the foot of the Fort chairlift.
- Paret, Snake Gliss, Yooner: are practiced on the Butterfly slope, it is only dedicated to these practices and is reserved for professionals holding a state certificate.
- Sledging: Eucherts tobogganing track.
*Subject to weather conditions and the evolution of restrictions related to health conditions (traffic restrictions, confinement …).
Outside these zones, and by municipal by-law, the ski slopes are closed in accordance with the prefectural recommendations. This means that outside of the above zones, the whole of the usual ski area is unsecured, unmarked and falls under the jurisdiction of the mountain area.
Rescue services are provided there by the 112. You move under your own responsibility at your own risk.
The ski area is also forbidden from 5pm to 9am in order to maintain and secure it (PIDA, winch damage…).
In the secured, groomed and staked out areas, rescue is provided by the Ski Service on 04 79 40 12 02 from 9am to 4.30pm.
We strongly invite you to get in touch with our various service providers such as the ESF French Ski School, Originalps or the Evolution2 ski school. They will be able to offer you a multitude of activities to make your vacations unforgettable, such as..:
- Freeride outings
- Ski descents in the villages,
- Beginners’ ski lessons in kindergartens
- Sledge descents
- Yooner or Paret
- Snake Gliss
- Air Bag (Evolution 2)
- Laser Game (ESF)
outside the ski area, you can also enjoy
- Snowshoeing or walks on the trails located under the resorts (see the detailed map here on p.2)
- The squirrel sledging area located in the middle of the forest.
- The X-Treme luge, the 4-season sled on rails, for a lot of thrills.
- Numerous daily animations organized by the Tourist Office, to be found here.
- The Paint Ball of La Rosière.
The events of frebruary :
- La Balade du Roc Noir, a ski touring race, organized on Sunday February 14th, information and registration here.
- Trail Blanc, on a 10km and 500 D+ course, organized on Sunday February 28th, information and registration here
how are things going in the resort?
The whole resort is committed to taking care of you and all the sanitary measures in force are in place so that you can feel safe and protected. Staff screening sessions are organised every fortnight, La Rosière masks (8€) and La Rosière 60-year-old anti-covid necklaces (15€) are on sale in the Tourist Offices.
From Saturday 16 janurary, a curfew is set at 6pm.
– Wearing a mask is compulsory
– One way traffic flow
– Disinfection of equipment
– Wearing a mask is obligatory in the common areas
– Disinfection of equipment and surfaces
WHAT ARE THE CANCELLATION CONDITIONS FOR THE covid APPLIED BY the suppliers of accommodation?
Each service provider is free to decide on its own cancellation conditions, so we recommend that you contact your host or your activity provider.
La Rosière Reservation: take advantage of a free cancellation policy *!
The Reservation Centre offers exceptional cancellation conditions linked to COVID for the winter 2020-21.
You have the right to cancel your reservation without paying any charges (except for the handling fee) if exceptional and unavoidable circumstances arise at or in the immediate vicinity of the place of destination which have a significant impact on the performance of the contract or on the transport to the place of destination
This winter 2020, the closure of the station linked to the COVID-19 pandemic, for example, was an exceptional circumstance. Therefore, for winter 2020-21, the Reservation Centre has decided to set up exceptional cancellation conditions without charge*, the details of which are given below:
You have the possibility to book your stay and to cancel without charge for any justified reasons related to the covid*, such as :
– Closure of the borders of the customer’s country and/or France
– Confinement or period of isolation imposed in the client’s home city or country
– Traffic restrictions imposed by the customer’s country of origin or France
– Closure of the La Rosière resort, the ski lifts, or certain residences for health reasons.
*except for the 12 € booking fee and the holiday cancellation insurance (32 € before 20/11 or 39.50 € after 20/11/2020) which you can take out when you book with us and which covers you in particular for the following risks (accident, dismissal, interruption of stay, damage to property, individual consequences of the COVID-19 etc…)
The above measures must be in effect at the time of cancellation.
– Extract from the official sites of the prefecture or the client’s country for reasons of confinement, traffic restriction or fourteen.
Accommodation partners of the cancellation operation without charge from the Central Reservation Office are identified by this logo on the website.
For information purposes, the non-exhaustive list of these accommodations is given below:
- Private accommodation providers in contract with La Rosière Réservation
- Agence Adélie Immobilier
- Agence La Rosière Immobilier
- Les chalets Charmettes et Ourson
- Les chalets les Clarines et le Montana
- Hôtel Hyatt Centric La Rosière
- Résidence Le Planica
- Résidence Le Tyrol
- Résidence Le Panoramic
- Hôtel le Schatzi
- Chalet l’Ecrin
- Chalet le Crystal
- Résidence Le Miravidi
- Chalet Les Airelles
- Chalet Matsuzaka
- Chalet-hôtel Accroche-Cœur
- Chalet l’Aiglon
- Résidence-Hôtel MGM Alpen Lodge
- CGH Les Cimes Blanches
- CGH Lodge Hemera
- CGH Les Marmottons
- Chalet Grivola
- Les Balcons de La Rosière
shops and services open in February
- Restaurants (take away) : L’Estam, Chez Mireille, La Flam’, Le Genépi, Le Mc Kinley, Les Marmottes and also L’Antigel, le Relais, le Comptoir, le Caffè Latte.
- Grocery (local products) : Aux Délices Fermiers, la Bergerie du Genièvre, Boulangerie Ledemé, Carrefour Montagne, la Coopérative laitière, la Montagne des saveurs, La Ferme de Montvalezan, les 4 épis, O’Délices Traiteur, Aux 3 Ours.
- Sport shops : Colette sports, Intersport Centre, La Trace, Précision Ski, Sport 2000/Arpin Sports, Rolling Snow/Netski, Skimium Le Roc Noir, Skiset Olympic Sports, Skiset Olympic Sports les Eucherts, Interport les Eucherts, Skiset La Grange à Skis
- Other shops : Le Comptoir (tobacco), La Dress (Concept Store), L’Igloo (Newspapers), L’Epilobe (gift shop), L’Everest (gift shop), Hairstyling C.Garriga.
- Wellness : Home massages with Relax session & Armonia, the Spa Ô des Cimes welcomes you only with apointment.
- Medical Services : the medical centre welcomes you from Monday to Saturday from 10am to 12noon. The pharmacy is open every day from 9.30am to 12.30pm and from 3.30pm to 6pm. Antigenic tests can be done (by appointment on +33 (0)4 79 07 73 46).
- Transportation : Shuttle busses Bourg Saint Maurice – La Rosière to book in advance on www.altibus.com. Taxis : Avec Taxi Jean-Pierre, La Rosière Transferts, Taxi Cosi.
Warning : Informations written above might change quickly, please contact the tourist Office to get the latest updates